Jessica Meyers Biography
Jessica N. Meyers is an American attorney who serves as an associate at Brownrudnick in the Firm’s Litigation & Arbitration Practice Group. She represents clients on all aspects of litigation and arbitration matters. Her current practice focuses on plaintiff-side defamation suits, with additional experience litigating contract disputes, business-related torts, and bankruptcy-related claims.
Jessica Meyers Age
Jessica’s age is unknown.
Jessica Meyers Education
She studied at Boston University School of Law. She graduated in 2015. After passing the bar exam, she was admitted to legal practice in 2015.
Jessica Meyers Husband
Meyers marital status is unknown.
Jessica Meyers Attorney
Jessica is an American attorney who works as an associate in Brownrudnick Litigation & Arbitration Practice Group. She has represented a wide variety of clients in all aspects of litigation and arbitration matters. Her current practice focuses on plaintiff-side defamation suits, with additional experience litigating contract disputes, business-related torts, and bankruptcy-related claims. Jessica’s experience includes drafting pleadings and motions, conducting discovery, mediation, and multiple trials in state and federal courts.
She began her law career as a litigation paralegal at a major international law firm in New York. Prior to joining Brown Rudnick, Jessica was a judicial intern for Chief Magistrate Judge Steven M. Gold in the U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of New York.
Jessica Meyers Johnny Depp
Jessica is one of the attorneys representing Johnny Depp in the defamation case against his ex-wife Amber Heard. Johnny is suing Amber for $50 million over a 2018 op-ed she wrote for The Washington Post in which she described herself as a “public figure representing domestic abuse.” Though Depp was not named in the article, he claims it cost him lucrative acting work.
The former couple had met in 2009 and got married in 2015 before divorcing in 2016. They both accuse each other of physical violence during the relationship but they have both denied the other’s claims.
During cross-examination by Meyers she played a a 2016 recording of a conversation between Heard and Depp in which Heard expressed concern about regaining her reputation after press reports about abuse in their relationship.
Meyers asked Depp, “What did you say in response when Ms. Heard said, ‘Tell the world, Johnny. Tell them, Johnny Depp, I, Johnny Depp, a man, I’m a victim, too, of domestic violence’?”
Depp’s response was, “I said, ‘Yes. I am.'”
Jessica Meyers Representations
Jessica has been involved in several cases and some of her representations include;
- Successfully represented litigation trusts in action before the U.S. District Court for the Southern District of New York to enforce multimillion-dollar loan agreements approved in chapter 11 bankruptcy proceedings.
- Successfully defended mutual fund against tortious interference claims arising from the purchase of LLC interests in a two-week trial in the New York Supreme Court.
- Defended cryptocurrency services provider in putative securities class action suit and secured dismissal of all claims on successful motion to dismiss for lack of personal jurisdiction and failure to state a claim
- Represented Lyondell Litigation Trust in prosecuting multibillion-dollar claims against former owner during a three-week trial in the Bankruptcy Court in the Southern District of New York.
- Represented financial institutions prosecuting causes of action in New York Supreme Court, including claims for breach of loan agreements, fraudulent conveyance, fraud, and breach of fiduciary duty.
- Represented official and ad hoc creditor committees in prosecuting and settling multimillion-dollar claims against chapter 11 bankruptcy estates.
Jessica Meyers Net worth
She has an estimated net worth of $ 1 million.